- Represents clients in all aspects of estate planning, including simple to complex wills and trusts, lifetime gifting and wealth transfer strategies, transfer tax planning, disability planning, life insurance and wealth replacement, charitable giving and closely held business representation
- Advises high net worth clients on the use of sophisticated wealth transfer vehicles to effectuate the efficient transfer of family wealth utilizing grantor and non-grantor trusts, family partnerships and other means; prepares gift tax returns for lifetime taxable transfers
- Counsels clients on legal and tax related structures for business organization and family succession, valuation discounting, asset protection planning, buy-sell agreements and 1031 exchanges
- Manages all aspects of the probate and estate administration process, negotiates contested probate cases, and advises clients as to their fiduciary duties and responsibilities as Personal Representative; prepares estate tax returns for taxable estates
- Provides legal advice and direction to trustees of various trust arrangements, advises trustee on legal obligations of trusteeship; negotiates relationships between trustees and beneficiaries; represents client beneficiary’s rights against corporate trustees
- Advises clients on organization, operation and reporting requirements of 501(c) organizations
Alexander V. Quest
Alexander V. Quest concentrates his practice in the areas of private wealth transfer and individual tax planning. From the simple will or trust to the most complex wealth transfer vehicle, Alex provides comprehensive, yet appropriate, estate planning for each of his client’s particular needs.
The U.S. Tax Code contains many unforeseeable and costly pitfalls for the unsuspecting taxpayer. Alex assists his clients in navigating the subtle complexities of the Tax Code and provides them with peace of mind in knowing that they have maximized tax efficiencies while remaining in full compliance with the law. After law school, Alex attained a second law degree in taxation with a concentration in gift, estate and generation-skipping taxes and private wealth transfer strategies in order to help his high net worth clients transfer family assets from generation to generation in the most tax efficient manner possible.
Alex also guides grieving families and their trusted advisors through the estate administration and probate process. The duties and obligations that accompany the administration of a trust or estate are not always intuitive and any misstep can carry with it significant economic consequences for potential beneficiaries as well as personal liability for the acting fiduciary.
Prior to joining Fairfield and Woods, Alex worked in a small tax and estate planning firm in Denver aiding clients in preserving and passing on their acquired wealth.