- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Labor Forum Committee, co-chairman, 1992 -1994
- Denver Bar Association
- Phi Beta Kappa
Brent T. Johnson
Brent T. Johnson counsels clients in employment matters and represents parties in employment litigation. He has represented clients in numerous charges of employment discrimination before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and similar state agencies, and in lawsuits in state and federal courts. He routinely advises clients on employment law compliance issues and litigation prevention.
Brent also has substantial experience in general commercial litigation and appeals, representing clients in real estate litigation, contract law and other commercial disputes. He has handled arbitration proceedings before the NASD and the American Arbitration Association and has participated in many mediations.
Brent has spoken at employment law seminars and has authored many papers on employment law issues.
- Employment Compliance and Counseling
- Employment Litigation
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- “Positive Marijuana Test: No Problem?” authored by Attorney Brent Johnson
- Law Week Colorado Covers FW Win in FMLA Trial in Federal Courtroom
- Highlights of Colorado Employment Law
- Recent Employment Law Developments Affecting the Banking Industry
- Colorado Legislature Puts More Teeth into the Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act
- New Law Gives Employees More Time to File Wage Discrimination Claims
- Interviewing Guidelines
- Devising Reasonable A.D.A. Accommodation Strategies
- Preventing Sexual Harassment Liability
- Implementing Progressive Discipline Policies to Minimize Liability and Improve Employee Performance
- Personal Liability of Supervisors in Colorado
- Technological Surveillance in the Workplace