- Counsel to multi-state jewelry retailer in Chapter 11 bankruptcy, with annual sales of over $200 million, resulting in confirmation of reorganization plan calling for continued operation of family-owned company and repayment in full of creditors’ claims
- Counsel to receiver of troubled condominium project with significant construction and design defect issues, resulting in successful repair of defects, recovery from responsible parties and sell-out of unsold units
- Counsel to purchaser out of bankruptcy of assets of local home products retailer and installer
- Counsel to receiver of fast-food operations, including successful sale of all retail locations as going concerns
- Counsel to receiver of bottled water distributor in connection with disposition of estate assets, including successful defense of receiver’s report and recommendation regarding proposed disposition of causes of action of receivership estate in contested proceeding in receivership court
- Counsel to secured lenders in Chapter 11 bankruptcy of manufacturer and distributor of therapeutic topical skin creams, including successful resolution of extremely contentious asset sale
- Counsel to secured lenders of newspaper chain in connection with successful refinance and restructure of defaulted loans
- Counsel to receiver of resort hotel in contested judicial foreclosure
- Counsel to Chapter 11 trustee of family-owned agricultural operation
- Counsel to numerous secured lenders in connection with relief from stay and foreclosure proceedings related to real estate developments, operating loans and asset-based financing
Caroline C. Fuller
Caroline C. Fuller practices in all aspects of commercial bankruptcy and out-of-court debt restructuring.
Caroline regularly represents secured creditors, landlords, business debtors, creditors’ committees, trustees, and indenture trustees in business reorganization and liquidation proceedings in bankruptcy court throughout the country. She also represents receivers in state and federal court receivership proceedings.
Caroline routinely advises clients in anticipation of bankruptcy, including clients who are attempting to resolve their own financial difficulties without the need for a bankruptcy filing and clients who are creditors of companies that may be insolvent. She also has significant appellate experience, having represented clients in numerous bankruptcy appeals before federal district and appellate courts.
Caroline also represents lenders and borrowers in real estate and asset-based lending transactions and workouts, and landlords and tenants in the negotiation of commercial leases.
Caroline is a trained mediator and has been named to a panel of mediators selected by the Faculty of Federal Advocates to provide mediation services in disputes arising in bankruptcy proceedings.
Prior to joining Fairfield and Woods in 1986, Caroline clerked for Chief Judge John F. McGrath, United States Bankruptcy Court - District of Colorado.
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- International Women's Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation
- Co-chair, Mountain/Desert Network
- Colorado Friends of Old Time Music and Dance
- Board of Directors, 1997 - 2003
- Grant writer, 2001 - present
- American College of Bankruptcy
- Law Week Colorado, 2011
- Top Women Lawyers in Colorado, 2011
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent rated
- Super Lawyers, Colorado
- Bankruptcy: Business
- The Best Lawyers in America
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/ Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Litigation Bankruptcy
- Lawyer of the Year, Denver Insolvency Lawyer, 2011
- Lawyer of the Year, Denver Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/ Insolvency and Reorganization Law Lawyer, 2012
- Bankruptcy and Workouts
- Lending and Commercial Foreclosures
- Bankruptcy Litigation
- Banking and Financial Institutions
- Fairfield and Woods Included in Law Week Colorado's 2016 Barrister's Best
- FW Attorney Featured in Law Week Colorado's Roundtable: "The Path to 2015"
- FW Attorneys quoted in DBJ Strategies of Law Edition - Practice Specialties
- FW Attorney quoted in DBJ Leaders in Law: Women only 33% of Practicing Attorneys
- FW's Managing Director Caroline Fuller featured in DBJ's "Executive Insights"
- Caroline Fuller Featured as One of Denver's Top Women Attorneys
- FW Attorney Caroline Fuller Quoted on Shane Co. Bankruptcy
- Buying and Selling Distressed Property in Bankruptcies and Receiverships
- Nonbankruptcy Alternatives: Assignments for Benefit of Creditors, UCC Sales and Voluntary Liquidations