- American Bar Association
- American College of Mortgage Attorneys
- Board of Regents, treasurer and president, 1996 - 1997
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- Member, since 1983
- Colorado Bar Association
- Real Estate Council, secretary, vice-president and president, 1976 - 1982
- Denver Bar Association
- Special District Association
Charlton H. Carpenter
Charlton H. Carpenter concentrates his legal practice in business, corporate and real estate transactions. He has practiced in the areas of land use, development transactions, residential and commercial lending, construction law, foreclosures, mechanic’s lien litigation, real estate purchases, sales, exchanges, leases, and condominiums. He has had a very broad spectrum of real estate representations and also has served as an expert witness, arbitrator, and mediator in many business related transactions. He represented the developer of the Prime Outlets Mall in Castle Rock, Colorado, in its initial development and three subsequent expansions. Charlton also assisted this client with the acquisition of the Loveland and Silverthorne outlet malls. He served as lead counsel for the Copper Mountain ski area for many years.
Charlton has been with Fairfield and Woods since 1965. From 1969 to 1970, he was an instructor in real property at the University of Denver Law School.
- FW Attorneys Meet CU Law School's Law Firm Challenge
- Two FW Attorneys featured in Law Week's Elder Statesmen Edition