- Represented seller in dispute over valuation of property interest
- Represented operator of oil well in dispute with government
- Represented municipal utility in connection with service territory disputes
- Represented issuer and drafted subscription agreement for $500,000 private placement of convertible notes
- Represented issuer and created capitalization table for $3.5 million Series A round
- Assist renewable energy project development company involved in SEC investigation
- Split-off program and funds from existing nonprofit corporation and formed new nonprofit corporation
- Revised retail installment sale contract and updated bylaws for ditch and reservoir companies
- Represented former professional athlete in contract dispute with another former professional athlete
Courtney P. Hirsekorn
Courtney P. Hirsekorn’s practice focuses on business and commercial matters including contract disputes, property interest conflicts, and business torts. She counsels clients on various transactional issues such as organizational documents, private placements, and company contracts. Courtney also has experience working with individuals involved in the sports industry.
Prior to joining the firm, Courtney was a student lawyer in the Bluhm Legal Clinic Entrepreneurship Law Center, where she formed entities, drafted contracts, and counseled clients regarding intellectual property.
During law school she served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Charles P. Kocoras, of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, where she gained valuable research and writing experience, as well as exposure to diverse areas of civil and criminal law. She also was a teaching assistant for negotiations and led a volunteer tax assistance program. During her summers, she worked as a law clerk at a mid-sized firm in Boulder and as a general counsel intern at a telecommunications company.
Prior to attending law school, Courtney held various positions in the sports industry. She worked for the Triple-A Baseball National Champion Durham Bulls, was a team manager for the National Champion University of North Carolina women's soccer team and was an intern in the risk management department of Kroenke Sports & Entertainment. Courtney is a native of Colorado.
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Securities Litigation, Arbitration and Regulatory Defense
- Entrepreneurs and Closely Held Businesses
- General Business
- Securities Offerings, Regulation and Compliance