- Represented the owner of a coal-fired power plant in connection with the defense of environmental claims under the Clean Air Act
- Representation of joint action agencies in membership disputes
- Representation of municipal utilities in connection with service territory disputes
- Represented the former owners of a Colorado ski resort in a dispute over future participation interests, resulting in a multi-million dollar jury verdict
- Represent the owner of an online music distribution web site in the defense of claims for copyright and trademark infringement
- Represent banks and financial institutions in connection with litigation of complex financial disputes and workouts
- Represented a land developer in connection with claims for fraudulent conveyance, resulting in a significant settlement in favor of the client following trial
- Represented an insurer in the defense of claims for coverage and bad faith stemming from a fire at a hotel, resulting in a favorable jury verdict
- Represented the seller of used oil field equipment in connection with claims for breach of contract and negligence, resulting in a favorable jury verdict
Craig N. Johnson
Craig N. Johnson serves as the firm's managing director and focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation primarily for clients in the utilities, banking and financial services industries.
Craig currently serves as outside general counsel to the Colorado Association of Municipal Utilities (CAMU) and the Arkansas River Power Authority (ARPA). His experience includes contract disputes, construction litigation, business torts, employment law, insurance coverage issues and environmental litigation. He has also litigated trademark, trade secret and copyright disputes, and has assisted clients in developing programs for the protection of intellectual property rights. In addition, he has represented banks, securities broker-dealers and other financial institutions in a variety of matters, including litigation to set aside fraudulent conveyances, corporate “raiding” and breach of fiduciary duty claims, and violation of state and federal securities regulations.
Craig has substantial trial and appellate experience, and has argued cases before the Colorado Court of Appeals, the Colorado Supreme Court and the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Prior to entering private practice, he served as the law clerk to Hon. Charles Pierce on the Colorado Court of Appeals, and was an Editor of the UCLA Law Review.
Craig’s diverse experience is illustrated through his numerous published articles. He also has lectured on appellate advocacy, trial tactics and intellectual property.
- American Public Power Association, 2009 - present
- Colorado Bar Association
- Colorado Judicial Institute
- Denver Bar Association
- Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce
- Impact Denver, 2007
- Opera Colorado
- Board of Directors, 2009 - present
- Colorado State University Alumni Association
- Board of Directors, 1996 - 2001
- President, 2000 - 2001
- Utilities Litigation
- Banking and Financial Institutions
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Employment Compliance and Counseling
- Employment Litigation
- Environmental Law
- Natural Resources
- Real Estate Litigation
- Environmental Litigation
- FW Attorneys Contributing Authors for German Legal Guide
- FW Litigation Team Garnered One of the Top Jury Verdicts in Colorado in 2011
- Bankers Must Stay on Top of Financial Privacy Laws
- Minimizing the Risks of Misappropriation of Trade Secrets