- Experience representing clients in a variety of land use-related litigation matters in various district courts in Colorado, the Colorado Court of Appeals and the Colorado Supreme Court
- Created at least 20 new residential planned communities throughout the State of Colorado
- Implemented more than 10 office building conversions to office condominiums and a number of new construction office condominium projects
- Created rooftop condominium units to allow cell tower leasing and have assisted with cell tower buyout agreements
- Created documentation for several RV/boat/luxury vehicle storage condominium projects and several office/warehouse condominium projects
- Advises existing homeowner associations with regard to compliance issues and amendments to their governing documents, and other such matters
- Routinely provides general real estate assistance to clients related to the purchase and sale of property, including purchase and sale agreements, due diligence, title review, post closing documents and other matters
- Assists commercial landowners with property tax appeals and maintaining agricultural land status
Karen V. Reutzel
Karen V. Reutzel practices in the firm’s real estate department. She focuses in the areas of real estate development and land use law, including community association law, condominium law, land use-related litigation and appeals, commercial property tax appeals and general real estate matters. In addition, her experience includes creating new planned communities and condominium projects (residential and commercial, including condominium conversions), and representing developer clients during the developer control period.
Karen also works with developers and lenders to resurrect troubled development projects following the recent real estate downturn.
Karen has practiced law in the Denver area for nearly 20 years, most recently at Reutzel & Associates. Prior to practicing law, she worked for eight years in the stock brokerage and investment banking fields. Her business experience assists her in understanding the financial aspects of real-estate development projects.
- Denver Alumni Association of Kappa Kappa Gamma, 1985 - present
- Kappa Book & Author Dinner Committee
- Chair, 2009
- Member, 1995 - 2011
- Raise scholarship funds for former patients of Craig Hospital and collegiate members of Kappa Kappa Gamma
- Littleton and Heritage High Schools Post Graduate Department
- Volunteer, 2010 - present
- Assist high school seniors in making post-graduate plans, including selecting and applying to colleges, writing essays, financial aid and scholarships. Focus is on low-income and first generation college attendees.
- Town of Bow Mar, Colorado
- Town Clerk, 2011 - present