- Represented the City and County of Denver Department of Community Planning and Development in zoning, planning, design guidelines, billboard/signage, urban renewal, transfer development rights, and other development matters.
- Represented the City and County of Denver Department of Parks and Recreation in contract drafting and negotiations, permitting issues, intergovernmental agreements, property management agreements, and constitutional issues.
- Represented Denver Arts & Venues in contract drafting and negotiations including license, lease, booking, concessionaire, public art, sponsorship, and intergovernmental agreements.
- Defended the City and County of Denver against Colorado Rules of Civil Procedure 106(a)(4) and declaratory relief challenges.
- Represented a local privately-held real estate investment firm in connection with purchase and sales, leasing, easement and licenses, title and survey review, and obtaining entitlements.
- Represented clients through all aspects of land use entitlement processes in jurisdictions throughout Colorado, including: rezonings, variances, conditional/special use permitting, vested rights, development agreements, subdivision agreements and other intergovernmental agreements, signage and outdoor general advertising, annexations, county boundary adjustments, and legislative amendments.
- Represented national “big box” retailers throughout Colorado on community outreach and land use entitlement processes.
- Advised client and prepared necessary documents and agreements for the entitlement of a 160-acre residential planned community located in Garfield County.
- Represented Logan County Economic Development Corporation in the formation of the Project Green Public Improvement District to facilitate the development of an industrial park in the City of Sterling.
- Advised clients on tax increment financing available for the redevelopment of properties located within the Downtown Denver Urban Renewal Area.
Lori B. Strand
Lori B. Strand focuses her practice in the areas of land use regulation and entitlements, state and local government law, and real estate development.
From 2012 through 2015, Lori was a senior assistant city attorney for the City and County of Denver, working closely with the Department of Community Planning and Development, Denver Arts & Venues, and the Department of Parks and Recreation. In that capacity, Lori represented and advised the City on zoning, planning, sign code, real estate, urban renewal, and other development matters, legislative interpretation and reform, and non-property related contractual and regulatory matters. Lori also represented the City’s Department of Community Planning and Development before the Denver City Council and Zoning Board of Adjustment and Appeals and served as the Denver Planning Board’s attorney.
Prior to joining the Denver City Attorney’s Office, Lori practiced for five years as a land use and real estate associate with a regional law firm in Denver. During that time, Lori represented private developers in a wide range of real estate matters, including land use regulation and entitlements, acquisitions and dispositions, leasing, easements and licenses, and title and survey review.