- Successfully defended dealer groups in a class action challenging the practice of charging delivery and handling fees, and a second case alleging violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Represented dealer clients in a variety of legal areas including: general litigation, finance issues, consumer matters and related litigation, manufacturer disputes, new point protests, federal and state compliance, bankruptcy, real estate disputes, contract disputes, commercial business torts, antitrust litigation, covenant-not-to-compete litigation, breach of fiduciary duty, and intellectual property issues
- Represented dealers in reinstatement arbitrations and successfully arbitrated the reinstatement of a Chevrolet dealer in Wyoming
- Represented buyers and sellers of automobile dealerships
- Represented protesting dealers in new point protests
Michael J. Dommermuth
Michael J. Dommermuth is a commercial lawyer who helps businesses resolve disputes. His practice includes counseling and representing businesses in contract disputes, business torts, covenant-not-to-compete disputes, commercial real estate disputes, oil and gas disputes, creditor representation in bankruptcy, consumer class actions, and breach of fiduciary duty claims.
A significant portion of Michael’s practice is devoted to representing automobile dealerships in Colorado and throughout the Rocky Mountain West. He represents dealer clients in a variety of areas, including drafting contracts, litigation, buy-sell and finance issues, consumer disputes and related litigation, manufacturer disputes, new point protests, federal and state compliance, bankruptcy, real estate issues, contract disputes, commercial torts, floor plan review and negotiation, and covenant-not-to-compete litigation.
Michael co-authored the Colorado Dealer Compliance Guide in 2011. The Compliance Guide is a comprehensive guide to state law issues for Colorado Motor Vehicle Dealers published by the Colorado Automobile Dealers Association. He is a frequent speaker for the Colorado Automobile Dealer Association and has presented at the National Association of Dealer Counsel Annual Conference.
- Colorado Automobile Dealers Association
- National Association of Dealer Counsel
- Board of Directors, 2013 - 2016
- The Cost of Doing Business: The AAA's New Consumer Clause Registry and Due Process Compliance
- Damage Disclosure Update
- FW Attorney Presents Webinar on Advertising and Telemarketing Compliance
- FW Attorneys Tour Colorado with The Kids Are (Gonna Be) All Right Presentation
- FW Attorney Speaks at Innovative Dealer Summit 2014
- Service Department Legal Issues: Loaner Contracts and Repair Orders
- Factory Issues, Internet Sales, Financing and Service Compliance for Automotive Dealers