Michelle R. Magruder
Michelle R. Magruder has extensive trial and hearing experience, particularly in the areas of employment law and personal injury. In addition to representing parties in employment litigation, Michelle also counsels clients in employment law matters. She has represented private companies, insurance carriers and other entities in the defense of employment discrimination claims, unemployment insurance claims, wage and hour claims, contract disputes and general liability claims. She works as a consultant for private companies in the areas of risk management and employment law, and performs management training.
In addition to providing training, Michelle has given numerous presentations on topics in the areas of basic management principles; all Federal and State anti-discrimination laws; federal and state wage and hour laws; the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act; and risk management.
Michelle began her legal career as a prosecutor for the City and County of Denver, trying more than 50 cases in her first year of practicing law. Next, she worked as an assistant attorney general with the Colorado Attorney General's office, Labor and Civil Rights Unit, where she represented the Colorado Civil Rights Division, the Subsequent Injury Fund, and other state agencies.
While practicing in the private sector, Michelle was asked to become the in-house attorney for the City and County of Denver's Human Resources Agency. There, she handled projects for the Director of the Agency, including rewriting personnel rules for the City and County of Denver, and creating the first mediation program to be utilized by City and County of Denver employees.
Michelle was recruited by Zurich Insurance to become in-house counsel where she handled a wide variety of cases and claims. After her employment at Zurich, she returned to private law firm practice.
- Employment Litigation
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Automobile Dealerships
- General Business
- Employment Compliance and Counseling
- Public Policy and Governmental Relations
- More Drug Testing by Colorado Employers, Survey Shows
- FW Attorney Interviewed on Colorado Marijuana Rulings for Employers
- Employer Drug and Alcohol Policies:What to Include
- Legal Termination for Legal Use of Marijuana: A Legal Trend?
- Attorneys Brent Johnson, Michelle Magruder and Colin Walker to present an Employment Law Recap & Political Forecast on May 10
- FW Attorney Presents Employment Law Seminar
- FW Attorneys Present at 2015 Mile High SHRM Conference
- FW Attorneys Present to the Denver Business Series
- Interviewing, Hiring and Disciplining Employees: How to Avoid Liability
- How to Professionally and Successfully Manage Employees
- Restrictions Concerning Employer Use of Consumer Credit Information – ‘Employment Opportunity Act’
- Overview of Federal Anti-Discrimination/Anti-Harassment Laws
- Marijuana Laws and Maintaining a Drug-Free Workforce
- How to Win Unemployment Insurance Claims and New Developments in Colorado Employment Law
- Colorado Employment Law Update