- Adams County Bar Association
- Adams County Economic Development
- Executive Committee officer, third term, 2011 - present
- Vice Chair, 2016
- Aurora Economic Development Corporation
- Executive Committee, chair, 2013, 2016
- Castle Rock Economic Development
- Board of Directors, 2013
- Denver Bar Association
- Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce
- Douglas County Bar Association
- Metro Denver Economic Development Corporation
- Colorado Space Coalition, 2011 - present
- Metro Denver Aviation Coalition, 2008 - present
- Transportation Committee, chair, 2011-2012
- Special District Association
Rita M. Connerly
Rita M. Connerly practices in the areas of real estate development and municipal law. She actively represents developers during the land use process, working closely with federal, state and local governments, mineral interest owners and neighborhood associations to secure support for and timely approval of residential, commercial and mixed-use projects. Her practice encompasses all aspects of land use and real estate development, including urban renewal, zoning, title review, purchase and sale agreements, development agreements and the drafting of covenants, easements and construction documents.
Prior to joining Fairfield and Woods, Rita served as in-house corporate counsel, responsible for securing land use entitlements for a national land development company that she continues to represent.
Rita's practice is also focused on the representation of local governments and special districts. She worked in the Adams County Attorney's Office, ultimately serving as the Adams County attorney and as general counsel for Front Range Airport Authority. Today Rita serves as special counsel to Front Range Airport on all Spaceport issues.
Rita is experienced in the creation, representation and management of special districts. She has provided day-to-day legal advice to elected officials and department directors on a full range of public sector law issues. She has represented clients in local, state, federal and administrative proceedings and has successfully argued before both the Colorado Court of Appeals and the Colorado Supreme Court.
- Development and Construction
- Affordable Housing
- Land Use
- Mixed-Use, Condominiums and Planned Communities
- Public Policy and Governmental Relations
- Securities Offerings, Regulation and Compliance
- Fairfield and Woods Attorney Mentioned in Gaylord Article
- Rita Connerly Named a DBJ 2012 Outstanding Women in Business Finalist
- Front Range Airport: Leading Colorado to the Next Frontier in Space Travel
- Demystifying Amendment 54: Impacts to Local Business
- FW Attorney Speaks at Colorado Bar Association Leadership Training Group
- FW Attorney Rita Connerly Speaks to International Media on Spaceport Colorado