- Serve as outside general counsel to large commercial construction company
- Counsel to owner of mixed-use developments throughout the Denver metro area regarding construction and commercial lease agreements
- Represented manufacturer of building panels against product liability claims
- Counsel to national home builder in construction defect claims impacting homes project wide
- Successfully defended the world’s largest retailer against premises liability claims
Timothy E. Reilly
Tim Reilly focuses his practice on real estate, construction, and insurance matters.
Tim advises owners, developers, and contractors regarding their transactions in order to minimize risk. He drafts construction agreements, including AIA, DBIA, and Consensus contract forms. When payment issues arise he assists clients in resolving disputes, including claims relating to delay, trust fund violations, performance and payment bonds, mechanic’s lien foreclosure, and termination.
He has successfully tried cases involving purchase agreements, option contracts, construction defects, consumer protection act violations, adverse possession, and premises liability. He has litigated construction defect claims relating to all components of construction ranging from "soils to shingles."
Tim provides advice to clients on a variety of insurance issues, including insurance coverage. He previously served as Division Counsel and Assistant Attorney General with the South Dakota Division of Insurance where he prosecuted insurance fraud and helped to create the state’s insurance fraud protection unit. He also drafted legislation and administrative rules. He represents insurers and agents in regulatory proceedings.
- Association of General Contractors - Colorado (AGC)
- Colorado Bar Association
- Board of Governors, former member
- NAIOP (Commercial Real Estate Development Association)
- Board of Directors, Colorado Chapter, 2014 - present
- Legislative Affairs Committee, chair, 2014 - 2016
- Development and Construction
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Public Policy and Governmental Relations
- Attorney Timothy Reilly Authors “The 2016 Legislative Session: Reactive Not Proactive"
- FW Attorneys Contributing Authors for German Legal Guide
- Condominium Conversions: Can Construction Defect Claims Be Avoided After the Running of the Statute of Repose?
- Colorado Legislative Session a Real Deja Vu
- FW Attorney Participates in ACE Mentor Program Panel
- Legislation Relating to Construction and Real Estate Development