For employees that need to or wish to continue working from home, here are suggested guidelines for equipment and space.
Dedicated Work Space
Having a dedicated workspace can help increase productivity and reduce distractions. It provides a measure of privacy, and sets up a delineation of work and home balance so that you can disconnect at the end of the day.
A dedicated workspace should include a desk or work area, an appropriate desk chair and sufficient lighting.
For a computer, the minimum suggested hardware includes:
- Laptop –Intel i5 processor or better
- 1920 x 1080 screen
- 8GB RAM
- 256 GB SSD storage
- 3 USB ports (or an external port extender accessory)
- 8 Hours of battery life
- Windows 10 / MS Office / Antivirus Software
- Integrated camera
- Extra power cord
- Color printer/scanner combo (and ink!)
- Wired headset with mic (a wireless headset/airpods will also work, but can be less effective if the connection is not reliable)
High-speed internet and wifi. (30 Mbps download speed and 8-10 Mbps Upload minimum). A wifi extender can be helpful if your dedicated workspace is not close to your router.