About our Job:
Fairfield and Woods, P.C. (FW) a well-established law firm in Denver, Colorado, seeks an Associate attorney to join our Litigation Department. The appropriate candidate for this position must have the ability to successfully handle a variety of litigation matters with the ability to meet deadlines in a collaborative and professional environment. We are looking for an individual with a foundation in excellent legal research, writing, and analysis who desires an opportunity to learn, litigate and grow with our firm and our excellent team of litigation professionals.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications/skills:
- Experience: 4-8+ years of civil litigation experience, including experience preparing and arguing motions, taking and defending depositions, handling discovery and ESI, trial preparation and participation, and must be well versed in researching and drafting briefs and motions.
- Construction defect and/or family law experience is a plus.
- All candidates should have excellent writing, communication, analytical, and legal
- research skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must - outgoing, collegial, and collaborative.
- Ideal candidates must be responsive to clients and partners and accept project responsibility.
- Qualifications include distinguished academics and strong writing skills.
- Familiarity with the Colorado state and federal court system is required.
- Doctor of Jurisprudence Degree.
- Possession of a license to practice law in Colorado from the Colorado Supreme Court at the time of application or possession of a license from U.S. states that have a reciprocity agreement with the state of Colorado.
About Everything Else:
Fairfield and Woods P.C. offers a robust benefits package to our full-time attorneys, including medical, dental, vision, life, pet insurance, health savings and flexible spending accounts, identity theft protection, 401k profit sharing, employee assistance program, paid holidays, parental leave, and unlimited PTO. Additionally, our firm promotes a work-life balance by offering other benefits such as remote and hybrid work schedules, wellness programs, and access to the building fitness center.
Starting Pay & Total Compensation
The starting salary range for this position is $120,000-$150,000/year based on education and experience. FW reserves the right to pay more or less than the posted salary range. Employer-paid benefits increase the total compensation by approximately 20%. FW does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category with respect to the payment of wages.
How to Apply
Please send your resume to Jessica Duncan, Director of Human Resources, at Jduncan@fwlaw.com.
Fairfield and Woods, P.C., provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.